Terms & Conditions of hire at Henderson Baptist Church
1. Payment and Pricing
5. Cancellation and amendments
Updated Jan 2022
- All pricing quoted on paper and verbally are excluding GST.
- Quotes may be requested if required.
- Pricing will be confirmed after the application for hire has been received.
- Payments from regular users of the facilities will be made four weeks in advance, where possible by Automatic Payment.
- Activities will be restricted to the area of the building for which a booking has been made.
- Keys are to be collected from the church office during office hours (Tuesday to Friday 9:30am to 12:30pm). Keys remain the property of the church and are to be returned to the office at the completion of the use of the facilities. The bond, if paid, will be returned upon return of the key and inspection of the premises. In the event of the key being lost by the hirer, the hirer shall be liable for the cost of replacement of the door lock.
- Church equipment, especially the sound system and musical instruments, are not to be used by the hirer unless by prior arrangement.
- All rooms are to be left clean and furniture replaced to original position. Kitchen and toilet facilities are to be left hygienically clean. All electric lights, heaters, fans and taps are to be turned off and doors and windows are to be securely fastened and locked. All refuse is to be removed from the property this includes especially things like nappies.
- All equipment and other belongings of the hirer are to be removed after use or stored in an agreed designated area. The church does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to property of the hirer. Nor is any property not belonging to Henderson Baptist Church covered by our insurance policy.
- Use of the Rimu Kitchen’s stove and sterilizer requires training through the church office. Whoever is trained is responsible during the event for its correct use and especially ensuring that both are turned off correctly before the premise is vacated.
- The hirer undertakes to make good any damage or loss to the church property or equipment that is attributable to members or supporters of the hiring organisation, or any of the general public, invited or otherwise, who attend the function. The hirer shall report any damage or breakages to the church office as soon as possible.
5. Cancellation and amendments
- Notwithstanding any hire arrangements entered into, the church reserves the right to refuse or cancel hire of the facilities without giving any reason with a minimum of one weeks’ notice and refund of fee.
- In the event of a funeral, the church reserves the right to cancel or request an early end time for any hire at short notice (no less than 24 hours). Any hire effected will not be charged for.
- In the event of a wedding of a couple with strong links to Henderson Baptist Church, the church reserves the right to cancel or request an early end time for any hire, with at least one months notice. Any hire effected will not be charged for.
- For casual hire we require one weeks’ notice for a full refund. We reserve the right to refund 75% for cancellations less than one week. Cancellations less that 48 hours may not receive a refund.
- For regular hire we require one month’s notice of cancellation.
- Any amendments to hire arrangements must be made in writing with the office and approved before coming into place. This includes but it not limited to location, duration, date, and frequency.
- The hirer agrees to abide by instructions given by an agent of the church.
- No food or drink is to be consumed in the Kauri room (auditorium).
- No smoking in any part of the premises.
- No alcohol or illicit substances are permitted on the property.
- No form of gaming or raffles is permitted.
- Henderson Baptist reserves the right to increase prices in keeping with market rates. A suitable notice period will be given of any increases.
- Henderson Baptist Church reserves the right to update these terms and conditions at any time. Notification will be given to you of any changes.
- Any equipment left on the premises intentionally or unintentionally is not covered under HBC's insurance policy. This includes equipment stored in leased storage areas.
- Users of the facilities will acknowledge, by way of signed agreement, their need to comply with Government regulations regarding occupancy in accord with vaccine pass, or without vaccine pass, the keeping of contact details, the person they are appointing as the person responsible to ensure that compliance, and their understanding and agreement to comply with the requirements regarding cleaning, before and after use of that part of the facilities that they have access to, and will carry their own liability if they operate outside the guidelines and requirements of the Government regulations.
Updated Jan 2022